Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meeting up with the kids

I was being assign to Amadablam House, whereby they are a mixture of young boys range from 4 to maybe 10 or 11.
My worry was gone immediately after i get to meet the kids. They are super friendly and active.
They loves to talk to peoples and ask alot of question!
I am so surprise that their english is very good, communication is totally not a problem!
Yesterday evening,It was my first time sitting together with them to have their dal bhat.
They are so well discipline (well...in somewhere they wasn't..) but when the time come, a few of them will arrange the cursion and a few elder one will take care the distribution of food. They form a line from the kitchen to the common room and passing the rice to one by one.
They will wait till everybody (almost) got their food then only start eating.
I am really impressed.
After eating, they will each wash their plate and one of the kid was being assign as the checker to check whether the plate is really clean b4 they allow to put it back to the shelve.
Ans then, it is the free time for them before they start their study time.
I follow the kids to see their rooms, they show me their collection of photos of the wrestler (which is kind of popular "sport" in Nepal unfortunately....) they also shown me some drawings which they drawn (some of them are really talented i must says).
 I didnt stay much longer after the kids starts their self study time as I am heading back to my volunteer's house as yesterday was one of the french girl's birthday. So we went out to a restaurant nearby to celebrate.
I tried some momos (dumpling filled with either chicken, or veg or buffalo meat... ) which is a typical common food in nepal.