Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blackout Time

What is Loadsheding?
U tends to see this word everywhere in kathmandu.
It is a timetable given to the ppl here regarding the schedule of the power cut off for each day.
Due to the lack of rain in the winter, the hydro power is not sufficient to supply a 24/7 electricity to the kathamandu valley.
Therefore, the Loadsheding is plan to distribute the power.
I have to check the schedule everyday so that i can get my mobile and laptop charge up and to get enuf drinking water as the water filter will not work without a power supply.

After a 4 deg C shower on the first night on my arrival( the water heater was broken, but it is back to work now), I was shivering and padding my hair dry on the bed.
I watch the sky gets darker and darker from the window.
I have nothing to do except keep on padding dry my hair.
The only entertainment i had is to listen to the dog barking and some vehicle pass by.
No computer, no mobile phone and no TV.
N I do not need to worry about deadlines in work or any urgent task waiting to be done.
I feel calm and relax.
I experience the most peaceful moment in my life in a completely dark room, alone with 3 other empty beds.
I continue padding drying my hair for more then an hour, not that i need to but i just donn't have anything else to do.
That is how I spent my first blackout night, feeling calm and peaceful on my slightly hard wooden bed with my blanket around me. Thinking........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

silent night. back to the nature.
what is the current season...

Eunice.

Shang Seen said...

It is spring time now, sometime it gets quite cold