Friday, April 8, 2011

The Thunderstorm Night in Gurje


The second night was a rough night in Gurje. Waking up by the thunderstorm, I peer at my watch which shows only 1.30am.
Heavy rain pound on the metal roof, creating a loud yet scary noise. Strong wind treated to blow away the roof and even the entire village. I start to imagine landslide might occur and swallow the entire valley. When the rain gets heavier, I felt it just falls right next to me as there are barely any sound proof on the that single layer of roof and the thins layer of stone wall.
Embrace myself more inside the sleeping bag, I try to falls back into sleep, telling myself to let it to the god as there are nothing much I can do at this moment.

Waking up in a peaceful and silent morning, hearing only the bird singing gracefully, everything seems to be in place and the whole village is still standing still fine.

Walking out from the health post, a clear view of Lantang Mt appears right in front of my eye. Thank you to the thunderstorm, which wash away the dust in the air and clear the sky, I manage to have a closer and clearer view of the magnificient Lantang Mt cover with snow.
I stroll down gentling towards the UF base camp to help preparing our dal bhat before leaving the heavenly place, Gurje.

No comments: