Monday, April 4, 2011

The Greeting


Waking up at 6am in the fogging morning, I try to get ourselves ready in the limited facilities. While I am walking up back to the UF base camp on the winding mud road, I heard a little voice shouting “Sister! Namaste!” It cannot be true as there were only local kids on the hill. Without more hesitation, I continue walking until I heard another little voice calling out “ Sister! Namaste!”
I look up and see a boy, who is only 7 or 8 years old, carrying his younger brother on his back waving at me and call out again “ Sister! Namaste!!!”
I quickly response and greet them with my hand waving strongly to them “ Namaste Boys!!” I am trilled! I think the boy must had attended the English class in the school, which teach by the UF volunteer every Wednesday and Thursday during school term.

Oh boy! They just brighten up my morning with the warmest greeting and smile on their face! The boys running into the wheat farm and disappear themselves, leaving me with the echo of the greeting “Sister! Namaste!” in the air.

2 comments:

三吉 said...

怎么突然用英语呢。。。。

Shang Seen said...

bcos i wrote it during my trip and too many thing need to be written. I need more time to write in english, which i hasn't got time to to do....
so have to write in english first.
will try to write something else in chinese later...
plus due to shortage of electricity, i haven't got enuf time to type in chinese.....and i wouldn't want to leave the story too long after the journey