Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Peaceful night

It was yet another holiday on tuesday. I got exhausted by the kids trying to prepare the up coming Saturday parade and also the drawing competition. I really had enough for the 3 consecutive holidays in a week.
After the dal bhat, I return to my house. I try to finish my laundry in the rooftop before the power cut off at 8pm. Just at the rooftop while I m washing my cloths with my bare hand, I found myself this piece of tranquil land. Away from the crowded kitchen n living room which is now pack with volunteers. I think I just need some undisturbed moment for myself. I enjoy washing the cloths with the company of the stars n the new moon.
After my laundry, I decided to make myself a cup of tea n bring along my book to continue the night at rooftop. I enjoy looking up to the dazzling swanyabhu temple on the top of the hill while I m having a break from my book.

At 8 pm, I see the light went off for the whole area. I watch the stars, which previously over shined by the street lights start popping out from the dark sky. Soon the whole sky was a glitzy show of stars.
As I can no longer able to read my book in the dark unless I use my torch light to do so. I close my book and start enjoying the gentle cold breeze. On and off, I can hear the chanting from far and the dog barking.
This is really the peaceful moment that I had been long waited for both physically and mentally. I felt calm in my mind, the peacefulness that you will not be able to experience when u have too much to go on in your mind.

I start to practice meditation, the way my brother teaches me to. Of course I didn’t really go into the meditation stage, but I am glad that I am able to sit still and think free for a while. Trust me, the meditation method do helps me thro some sleepless night and it is a good way to calm yourself down in what so ever trouble you are going thro.
Sipping my cup of tea and I continue enjoying the night.......
This is a wonderful night for me :)

No comments: